Saturday, February 7, 2009

We are at Guwahati

Well, an interesting trip so far. I will likely have to continue later, but I thought I would sit down and give you a few impressions right now.
First, while we are here, only part of our luggage arrived. Neither of my suitcases came, and Bob's didn't either. Everyone else got all their suitcases. Very interesting. We checked in all at the same time, all going to the same place. Anyway, perhaps they will follow us here today. In any case, I was pleased that I had packed so much into my carryon.
We flew through Toronto and London, with about a 3 hour layover each place. Not too bad, just enough to find your way around and sit for a bit. I have a couple of pictures from London airport to post later. The flight was 2 hours from Saskatoon to Toronto, 7 hours from Toronto to London, and 12 hours from London to Kolkata. It was about 26 or 27 hours total, and the time change is 11 1/2 hours. So it is 8:30 am Sunday here, that would be 9:00 pm Saturday there( I think Saturday, 9:00 pm anyway.) So we are trying to entirely change our sleep patterns. Couldn't convince my body of that the first full night. 2:30 am was all I could manage. Got a lot of reading in. Last night was better, but I'm being careful not to nap too much, so I will be tired at night.
Anyway, more later

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your posts!! Sounds like the adventures have begun already. I will be praying

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there. Glad you arrived safely, now about the suitcases... more prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can hardly wait to hear of you and Trent & Leesa and Bernard's experiences!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are safely there also that you had some extras packed in your carry on always a good idea. We are praying.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete