Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yes, I'm still here

You may have wondered if I had dropped off the edge of the world or something. Actually, I just came back and fell back into like and work and all that. Not a terrible thing, but less time for updating blogs.

So, I'm going to comment on the weather. This is practically demanded, because I live in Saskatchewan, and we have lots of weather. It changes practically minute by minute, though this year it is slow to give us the warm part. We keep waiting for it to be summer, or maybe even spring, and hoping that that warm day in May wasn't all of it.
That was one thing I noticed in India. While it was obvious that monsoon must be a really big thing, they really didn't seem to have much weather in February, and people didn't talk about it. That would be reasonable, if it pretty much stayed the same from day to day. Who knew how much effect weather has on culture though.
So, then, there is the part when you live in Saskatchewan and you have to decide day by day what to wear, and or what to wear and what to carry with you, just in case. The jackets that come in layers are just made for this place. I have taken out the inside layer of my winter jacket, but not bothered taking off the hood, or taking the gloves out of the pocket. I don't think I took the gloves out of my pocket all last year. I used them in July too. ( when camping. It always gets cold at night when we are at camp.) I think it likely takes more space for us to keep our wardrobe here than in most places, just to go with the weather variations.
This morning, I wore a skirt to church, and then felt cold all morning. But I consoled myself with the fact that we had no snow today. It felt like it for a bit though.
I'm having trouble picking the right hat to wear, as well. I'm really eager to wear my summer hats, but it has been to cold most of the time, and I'm tired of my winter hats. Roll on summer.

1 comment:

  1. You know that you are in Canada when you have to use the heater and the A/C in your care on the same day.

    ReplyDelete